The Blood Eagle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parachute Club: Humor

Go down

Parachute Club: Humor Empty Parachute Club: Humor

Post  fortuna Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 am

PARACHUTE CLUB

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time, as if sitting around the pool, and drinking beer isn’t a good thing. Talking about my "doing-something-useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She is "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested that I go down to the Senior Center and hang out with the fellas.

So, I did, and when I got home, I decided to play a prank on her. I sent her an e-mail saying that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You're 80 years-old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?" I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club." "Oh man, am I in trouble," I said. "I signed up for five jumps a week!" The line went dead.

Life as a Senior Citizen isn't getting any easier, but sometimes, it can be fun.

fortuna

Back to top Go down