The Blood Eagle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know anyone like this ?? Knee Jerk feel good liberals

2 posters

Go down

Do you know anyone like this ??  Knee Jerk feel good liberals Empty Do you know anyone like this ?? Knee Jerk feel good liberals

Post  airgunbuff1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:53 am

Just passing it on...as this was not from me

Petition

Had an interesting conversation yesterday(Sunday). About 1PM the doorbell rang and I answered it, young couple,well-dressed, holding a Clipboard. Asked them what they wanted and the young man started explaining that they were getting signatures on a petition to Ban Assault-weapons. He explained how the Sandy Hook incident had driven them to try to stop more of these horrid occurances. Very articulent, and he spoke with the confidence of one who one would assume, knew what he was talking about.

So, I pressed him a bit;(Conversation not ver-batim but, close)
Me; "How would this Ban stop that?"

Him; " Well, by banning these weapons that nobody really needs to possess, no weapons would be available to commit these crimes."

Me: " Well, aren't all firearms banned in School-Zones?"

Him; " Yes. But, Criminals don't worry about laws so, we have to get these guns out of circulation."

Me; " Okay, that seems reasonable. How long do you think it would take to accomplish this?"

Him; " A couple of months."

Me; " I assume you're referring to just the guns in honest citizens possession first right?"

Him;" Well...yes."

Me; How long to get them out of Criminal-hands. I don't think these guys are gonna violate their Fifth Amendment rights by voluntarily turning them in."

Him; " What do you mean? The law would be the law, they'd have to."

Me;" Well, the Fifth Amendment protects them against 'Self-Incrimination'. Felons are not allowed to possess firearms. Forcing them to turn them in would be tantamount to incriminating themselves by admitting through your turn-in that they committed another felony. The Supreme Court stated they can't be forced to do that. What about 'Black-Market Assault-weapons?( By now he was squirming and I was having fun)"

Him;" What do you mean...'Black-Market?"

Me;" Well, anytime you ban something people want you create an automatic, profitable Black-Market for that object. Prohibition was a good example. They banned Booze and people started bootlegging it. Others would buy it at rediculous prices."

Him; " I guess they would dry up eventually, there can't be that many."

Me;" Do you have any solid idea about how many of these guns are in civilian hands? How many have been sold privately two or three times? Which means there is no real way to track them. There are millions of them just here in the States.. What about all the ones that would be smuggled in? Big market there too, as the Black Marketeers would need a steady supply. I know they admit that for every ton of drugs they stop at our borders, about nine tons get through. I would imagine guns would be the same way."

Him;" Well, we have to stop it somewhere."

Me;" So, let me get this right. Basically, you're wanting me to sign this petition that will, in reality, do nothing for at least twenty years to stop crimes like Sandy Hook, violate the rights of honest people who have to turn in guns that have never been used in a crime and never will, guns that are precisely the type that the 2nd.Amendment protects, so that people like you will feel like they accomplished something? Why don't you try doing something constructive about it? Like maybe, doing away with gun-free kill-zones for children. Or forcing Doctors to tell the authorities when someone is Mentally-ill and a danger to society. You want me to sign a petition that you yourself admitted criminals and such will ignore?"

Him; We can't do that, they have rights."

Me;" So do I son, so do I."

Shut the door and went back to watching Television.

airgunbuff1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you know anyone like this ??  Knee Jerk feel good liberals Empty The operative word there is "jerk"

Post  CTChris Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 pm

nt

CTChris

Back to top Go down