The Blood Eagle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine that...

4 posters

Go down

Imagine that... Empty Imagine that...

Post  CTChris Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:58 pm

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/02/iraq-had-wmds-after-all.php

CTChris

Back to top Go down

Imagine that... Empty Re: Imagine that...

Post  Harvey Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Imagine what?  That there are bombs in the sand in the middle east?  That those weapons were put there or left there to be used in battles against people and over issues which had nothing to do with the United States?

Wow.  Just imagine it.  Imagine that nation building is somehow different from imposing a first world kind of order upon a backwater nation run by the only kinds of people who could or would even want to control it. 

How many times, Chris, do I have to refute this line of retarded thinking???  How many times must I be as equally redundant with pragmatic reality as some dumbass war mongering chest thumping "author" rhinoceros is with finding things where they ought to be found??

It's like asking a smoker who buys cigarettes by the carton whether or not he or she has ever misplaced a pack somewhere in their home.

Find me a Toyota Murai in a millennia sealed cave next to another copy of the dead sea scrolls, I might be impressed.  Throw in a copy of Waiting for Godot and I will be.

The attackers were Sauds.  Our then president (Bush, although Clinton had the first chance, but Bush for sure as he's supposed to be a republican) should have taken issue from whence those men hailed.  Instead, (probably) his advisors informed him our nation was after blood as penance for the crime of a clear declaration of war against us.  Only we didn't go after UBL.  Not really.  We didn't even go after the people who really held most of the reasons those terrorists had the ability to accomplish their deeds.

Imagine that

Harv

Harvey

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeSandy Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:26 pm

Harvey wrote:Imagine what?  That there are bombs in the sand in the middle east?  That those weapons were put there or left there to be used in battles against people and over issues which had nothing to do with the United States?

Wow.  Just imagine it.  Imagine that nation building is somehow different from imposing a first world kind of order upon a backwater nation run by the only kinds of people who could or would even want to control it. 

How many times, Chris, do I have to refute this line of retarded thinking???  How many times must I be as equally redundant with pragmatic reality as some dumbass war mongering chest thumping "author" rhinoceros is with finding things where they ought to be found??

It's like asking a smoker who buys cigarettes by the carton whether or not he or she has ever misplaced a pack somewhere in their home.

Find me a Toyota Murai in a millennia sealed cave next to another copy of the dead sea scrolls, I might be impressed.  Throw in a copy of Waiting for Godot and I will be.

The attackers were Sauds.  Our then president (Bush, although Clinton had the first chance, but Bush for sure as he's supposed to be a republican) should have taken issue from whence those men hailed.  Instead, (probably) his advisors informed him our nation was after blood as penance for the crime of a clear declaration of war against us.  Only we didn't go after UBL.  Not really.  We didn't even go after the people who really held most of the reasons those terrorists had the ability to accomplish their deeds.

Imagine that

Harv

Imagine This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg2EJvvlF8
It's easy if you try. cyclops

MikeSandy

Back to top Go down

Imagine that... Empty What I imagine Harv...

Post  CTChris Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:08 pm

...or rather, what is reality, is that the mainstream press for years insisted that there were no WMDs in Iraq.

After for an equal number of years, insisting that there were.

We can argue about the war,but there is no argument, that the pres, and the libturds tried their level best to discredit our efforts there and in fact to cause us to be defeated. There is no doubt about that. As we move forward, and the truth emerges, it becomes more apparent just how reckless and disgusting they were in their efforts to see us lose. 4000 WMDs later....now they tell us.

That is, and always has been my point.

I'm not about to argue the wisdom of that war right now....although Saddam made the case for his own undoing in any number of occasions, and the UN resolutions made clear the legality of the war.

Pick your poison.. Should we go after Hezbollah for killing our marines? How about the Jews for the Liberty debacle? Or the Chinese for forcing our aircraft down, or the Iranians for 100 reasons?

Was our illegal war in Libya justified?

What you call "retarded" looked one hell of a lot different while the World Trade Center buildings were still smoldering.

Hindsight is 20/20.

CTChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:17 am

Look, people make mistakes.  Nations make mistakes.  And as much as we'd like to believe we were justified after other nations made mistakes, (to respond on a war level effort- or on some kind of offensive) we also made mistakes.  Grand scale mistakes.  

Saddam was bad.  Clearly.  But we set him up.  Tin something or other dictator.  One we put in power, though.  I'll tell you what, over time the leadership of this (our) nation has gotten drunk with power such that they have treated the world stage as their building block kit,  and those actions haven't been met favorably around the world.  

We talk about our own personal sovereignty.  Especially in relation to the vegetables in office right now.  Yet we have blinders on when someone tells us we don't own the world no matter how much political might we've got.  

You probably forgot that I was one of a handful who was against going into Iraq from the moment we heard our leadership was planning on it.  Remember, there was a lot of "demand" to take SH out from the moments right after Bush I pushed him out of Kuwait and left it at that.  But I knew we were going back in because of some military friends who were there the first go around.  

Chris, there are politics going on behind closed doors about which you and I will never know.  Reasons behind the military actions of our nation and very few of them would be justifiable in the court of our own public's opinion.    Mistakes made on the world stage by our foreign friends, too.    And frankly, I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of learning a new reason to go here or there to prevent this or that, on some deserted patch of ground that won't even grow lichens it's so desolate, every other month.  

Isis and its ilk are guerilla war dictators.  And our own govt won't expel them from our nation when it's obvious what their people are here to do.  The rinos and dems in office might really be looking to start a civil war.  And they might just get one.  Because that's the kind of manipulation they're known for.  But they won't expel the crud which comes here to destroy us and by definition our own govt.  See, that's how stupid our own govt has become,  It sees the rust from within and does nothing about it.  

If you start hearing about good people beginning to ignore the laws of the land, look out.  I think that line is near.  And that's here.  Inside our nation's borders.  We crossed it a long time ago in our around the globe.  

Here's another thing.  Our military is volunteer.  It absolves our govt from the of lives lost when they aren't sending every able young man and women to fight their grandiose offensives.   So... we should go to war over volunteer fighters who volunteered during times when they and we knew our govt would put them in harm's way for military actions which weren't actually wars we could win but could create hostilities and hatred toward Americans throughout the regions we sent those volunteers ?

We live in a country whose leadership has lost its conscience.  Or... you could argue our leadership has chosen to be against the very nation it's supposed to protect.

Harv

Harvey

Back to top Go down

Imagine that... Empty We live in a country whose leadership has lost its conscience. Or... you could argue our leadership has chosen to be against the very nation it's supposed to protect.

Post  Gary H Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:49 am

One sentence sums our problem up.

Gary

Gary H

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Chris, apologies for using the R word. It wasn't directed at you and while I believe you knew that, it was rude and completely out of line.

Harv

Harvey

Back to top Go down

Imagine that... Empty Don't worry about it Harv...no harm done my friend.

Post  CTChris Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 am

Nt

CTChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down