The Blood Eagle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piano-Legs book "It Takes a Village" was totally 'GHOSTWRITTEN' by Barbara Feinman and

2 posters

Go down

Piano-Legs book "It Takes a Village"  was totally 'GHOSTWRITTEN' by Barbara Feinman and Empty Piano-Legs book "It Takes a Village" was totally 'GHOSTWRITTEN' by Barbara Feinman and

Post  Scumbuster Mon May 11, 2015 1:45 am

Ms. Feinman is very pissed that Piano-Legs gave NO credit to her.  Just another little Hillary LIE.

Ghostwriter controversy

Clinton has been criticized for not giving credit to a ghostwriter in connection with It Takes a Village. The majority of the book was reportedly written by ghostwriter Barbara Feinman.[9] When the book was first announced in April 1995, The New York Times reported publisher Simon & Schuster as saying "The book will actually be written by Barbara Feinman, a journalism professor at Georgetown University in Washington. Ms. Feinman will conduct a series of interviews with Mrs. Clinton, who will help edit the resulting text."[10]

Feinman spent seven months on the project and was paid $120,000 for her work.[11] Feinman, however, was not mentioned anywhere in the book. Clinton's acknowledgment section began: "It takes a village to bring a book into the world, as everyone who has written one knows. Many people have helped me to complete this one, sometimes without even knowing it. They are so numerous that I will not even attempt to acknowledge them individually, for fear that I might leave one out."[12] During her promotional tour for the book, Clinton said, "I actually wrote the book ... I had to write my own book because I want to stand by every word."[2] Clinton stated that Feinman assisted in interviews and did some editorial drafting of "connecting paragraphs", while Clinton herself wrote the final manuscript in longhand.[2]

This led Feinman to complain at the time to Capitol Style magazine over the lack of acknowledgement.[13] In 2001, The Wall Street Journal reported that "New York literary circles are buzzing with vitriol over Sen. Clinton's refusal, so far, to share credit with any writer who helps on her book."[14] Later, in a 2002 article for The Writer's Chronicle,[15] Barbara Feinman Todd (now using her married name) related that the project with Clinton had gone smoothly, producing drafts in a round-robin style. Feinman agrees that Clinton was involved with the project, but also states that, "Like any first lady, Mrs. Clinton had an extremely hectic schedule and writing a book without assistance would have been logistically impossible." Feinman reiterates that her only objection to the whole process was the lack of any acknowledgement. A 2005 Georgetown University web page bio for Barbara Feinman Todd states that It Takes a Village was one of "several high-profile books" that she has "assisted, as editor, writer and researcher."[16]

Scumbuster

Back to top Go down

Piano-Legs book "It Takes a Village"  was totally 'GHOSTWRITTEN' by Barbara Feinman and Empty Re: Piano-Legs book "It Takes a Village" was totally 'GHOSTWRITTEN' by Barbara Feinman and

Post  Harvey Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 am

Huh.

Surprisingly, I'm not surprised by this... revelation.

Harv

Harvey

Back to top Go down