The Blood Eagle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our nightmare of reason

2 posters

Go down

Our nightmare of reason Empty Our nightmare of reason

Post  sansone Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/06/our_nightmare_of_reason.html

sansone

Back to top Go down

Our nightmare of reason Empty Re: Our nightmare of reason

Post  Harvey Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:05 am

Kafka was formulaic. Take a normal situation, change the scene to something completely irrational but be sure the tragic "hero" has no concievable way out. And that's supposed to be good writing. I have a copy of his works. They're all pretty much the same.

There's a little sitcom which is actually pretty good. They did a little parody of Kafka (and a few other supposedly enlightened thinkers) by "creating" a game where you link things which don't seem to go together, together. Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler play the game. I about died when it finally dawned on me what the writers were actually doing.

The Kafka thing... The Jenner thing...the only commonality is neither makes sense in the end. There is no improved outcome. No achievement of a higher more enlightened self. I'll give it to Jenner on this one though, since at least he's got some self gratification once everything is said and done. You never got that from the characters in Herr Franz' stories.

Best read with Wagner playing loudly in the background.

Herrv

Harvey

Back to top Go down